Thursday, August 8, 2013

Great new read

It has been quite a while since I posted last.  Why you ask?  I was substitute teaching for a teacher friend who had a baby 5 weeks early! You can imagine the panic as I had a day to get things in order so that I could teach full time for 8 weeks.  Then summer hit and many things happened that were unanticipated.  Needless to say I am back working as the Domestic Outreach Coordinator for Nightlight Christian Adoptions.  My goal is to help unite prospective adoptive couples and birthmothers.  All the prospective adoptive couples that I am working with are homestudy approved and working with Nightlight.  Please help me spread the word.

I am new to blogging and wanted to reach out to those who may be struggling with having children for whatever reason.  My husband and I have adopted three children domestically and that experience has inspired me to want to reach out to others.

I recently heard an author of a new book that I must share.  I encourage you to pass this book title along.  It is wonderful.  It is called Facing Infertility A Catholic Approach by Jean Dimech-Juchniewicz.  Everyone facing or dealing with infertility would appreciate what she writes regardless of whether they are Catholic.  I am Catholic and for me this book was fabulous to not only share the emotions that occur but also the moral dilemmas that Catholics are faced with as they yearn for a child but also want to do what God teaches.  I'd like to start sharing parts of the book in my blog and hope to inspire you to read it or give it to a friend going through infertility.

http://www.facebook.com/FacingInfertilityACatholicApproach

The author, Jean, has been through Infertility, Natural Childbirth, and Adoption so she has a unique viewpoint on all the emotions throughout this journey for her family.  She, too, was inspired to share with others.  She didn't think it would end up in a book but God continued to speak to her to share her experience and from that a book was born.

I will start with the quote from the Introduction as it sets the tone.

Blessed are those who trust in the Lord,
whose trust is the Lord.
They shall be like a tree planted by water,
sending out its roots by the stream.
It shall not fear when heat comes,
and its leaves shall stay green;
in the year of drought it is not anxious,
and it does not cease to bear fruit.
-Jeremiah 17:7-8

I will continue to add more soon.  Remember, we are all God's children and we can make a difference in helping others!

No comments:

Post a Comment